Climate Consciousness Summit 2023
1-10 December 2023
Join us as we grow a trauma-informed approach to healing our climate and initiate the inner and outer transformation needed for true climate action to emerge.
The Pocket Project is developing the annual Climate Consciousness Summit for the coming cycle of 7 years until 2030. We aim to initiate the inner and outer transformation needed for true climate action to emerge.
We bring a trauma-informed approach to climate consciousness and action, acknowledging that trauma lies at the root of our inaction in the face of Climate Change. Trauma symptoms of numbness, apathy, hyper-activation and fragmentation dramatically slow down our ability to respond adequately and implement climate agreements. Our lack of relationship to the crisis is part of the crisis.
- Free Exclusive Access: Enjoy inspiring interviews, mindfulness practices + the screening of the documentary Uncharitable from Dec 1-10, 2023.
- Gain insights into trauma-informed solutions to the climate crisis, rooted in the Pocket Project’s Collective Trauma Integration Process (CTIP)
- Engaging Speakers: Hear from esteemed speakers such as Thomas Hübl, Bayo Akomolafe, Nora Bateson, Satish Kumar, Vanessa Nakate, Deb Dana, Chief Phil Lane Jr., and many more.
- Connect with a diverse community of over 20,000 participants worldwide, including climate experts, cultural influencers, policymakers, and grassroots leaders
- Connect with real climate stories from vulnerable communities: listen firsthand to what it is like for those in the frontlines and interact with them through our live Global Social Witnessing sessions.
- Be the first to hear directly about emerging COP28 developments: hear what is happening from voices on the ground in Dubai, gain insight into the negotiations and its hopes and failures.
- Interactive Sessions: Participate in live online events, including on-the-ground coverage, Global Social Witnessing sessions with community leaders, panel discussions, poetry readings, and more.
- Understand the urgency of the next seven years, recognized as pivotal in preventing irreversible climate damage by 2030, and discover your role in shaping a regenerative future.
- Healing Personal and Collective Trauma: Delve into the potential for healing personal, intergenerational, and collective trauma as a key component of addressing the climate emergency.
- Environmental Impact: Contribute to reforestation efforts as the Pocket Project plants a tree for every participant, collectively growing a forest in alignment with the summit’s commitment to sustainable action.
HELP SUPPORT THIS IMPORTANT WORK!
Your contribution helps us to raise awareness, restore our collective sensitivity and increase our flow of co-creative action.
With a wonderful selection of inspirational speakers and solution-holders, we will explore the importance of trauma-informed care to step out of hyper-activation, out of apathy, and into truly transformative climate action.
COMMUNITIES ON THE FRONTLINES
We listen to voices from the frontlines of the Climate Crisis, bringing our embodied care and witnessing capacity and shifting from being bystanders to responding from our hearts, minds and bodies.
UPDATES FROM COP28
We will hear from those deeply engaged on the ground at the UN Climate Conference COP28 gaining exciting and personable live updates about what is happening in the negotiations in Dubai.
Every day, we are accompanied by one mindfulness practice that helps us grow our toolkit to balance ourselves and restore our collective sensitivity. Together, we are unfolding compassion and possibility.
During the full 10 days of the summit, the movie ‘UNCHARITABLE’ will be screened for free. Everything you know about change is about to change! Meet the director, Stephen Gyllenhaal, live on Friday, 8 December.
Communities on the Frontline - Global Social Witnessing
Updates from COP28 - Voices from the Ground
Together, we are planting a forest in Kenya!
In this way, while sharing inspiration, we are also growing a forest together and support villages to shift into a cycle of abundance.
The trees will be planted in Kenya by our partner the “Eden Reforestation Projects” as part of the “Bäume für den Wandel” project.